Did you hear the big news? Vology has moved across the Old Tampa Bay from Oldsmar to a nearly 60,000 square foot building in beautiful Clearwater, Florida.
Nearly 200 valued customers stopped by to explore Vology’s new headquarters during our Open House on Wednesday, May 17th. The three-hour event featured networking; tours of our fully renovated facility; scrumptious food from The King’s Bistro, Heavy’s Food Truck and Chic-fil-A; gourmet pops from The Hyppo; drinks; a deejay spinning all the hits; free headshots; and cornhole and mini-golf.
Vology relocated to the Bay Vista Office Park last August, which allowed us to consolidate several offices under one roof. After all, one of our values is to ‘simplify everything.’ More than 250 of our nearly 430 employees are based out of our new Clearwater headquarters. However, our warehouse is still located in Oldsmar, where 16 staff members ship an average of 700 pieces of equipment daily. We also have regional offices in Irvine, Austin and Oklahoma City.
Vology’s new headquarters is a 30-minute commute for the majority of our employees. “I think we’re closer to the center of business as opposed to Oldsmar,” CEO Barry Shevlin told the Tampa Bay Buisness Journal in November 2015. “We’ve had trouble recruiting from St. Pete, and I think that’ll be less of an issue.”
‘Be transparent’ is another one of Vology’s values, so our move from Oldsmar to Clearwater didn’t come as a surprise. During the initial planning stage, employees were surveyed to determine what amenities they wanted at our new facility. A fitness center was the top request. At any point throughout the day, you’ll find people working out in our on-site gym. Shevlin also made it a priority to ensure everyone in the building, no matter where they are seated, can see outside.
Vology monitors, manages and maintains more than 100,000 devices at more than 20,000 customer locations. We support these devices from our U.S.-based 24/7/365 Network Operations Center. During their visit, Open House guests saw our Clearwater NOC.
Vology follows an ITIL methodology. Through VIPER, the company’s event correlation platform, 1.8 million events are processed, generating 14,000 tickets per month. We handle an average of 5,300 inbound calls per month, with a 95% live answer rate and 16-second average speed of answer. In 2016, our Field Services Team made 24,000 customer site visits, with a 98% success rate and 96% on time arrival with a 15-minute window.
Here are some additional fun facts from our VIP building tour:
- We moved the staircase in our lobby from one side to the other to offer a more breathtaking view of our pond.
- The fountain in our pond is a PokéStop in the Pokémon Go app.
- Our conference and meeting rooms are named after counties in Ireland. Shevlin’s wife was born in Ireland, so this was a fun way to incorporate their family history into our new workspace.
- Because we value our continued partnerships with our vendors, they have a space of their own on our sales floor called “Vendor Row.”
- We have room to grow! Governor Rick Scott recently helped us announce that Vology’s expansion in Pinellas County will create 200 technology jobs by 2021.
- Shevlin dislikes paper. To avoid holding onto documents for an extended period of time, you won’t find any drawers in his office.
The Open House also featured a Vendor Showcase, giving our customers an opportunity to meet with our trusted partners and learn about their products and solutions. Vendors in attendance included: APC by Schneider Electric, Brocade, Citrix, Eaton, Gencom, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HP Inc., Juniper Networks, Kaspersky Lab, Lenovo, Mellanox, Nimble Storage, Ruckus and Samsung.
Thank you to all of our guests who stopped by Vology’s Open House! If you’d like to tour our new Clearwater headquarters, contact your Vology sales representative.